- Start date: 1 October 2020
- End date: 30 September 2022
- Funder: ESRC (Secondary Data Analysis Initiative)
- Primary investigator: Professor Ian Brunton-Smith
- Co-investigators: Dr Jose Pina-Sánchez, Dr Alex Cernat and Dr David Buil-Gil
In this project we aim to develop new methods to combine police records with survey estimates from the Crime Survey for England and Wales and other victimisation surveys. This will allow us to estimate the bias and reliability in the data sources, before using this information to estimate adjusted crime counts and suggest other post-hoc adjustments for measurement error.