You can apply online through the University of Leeds applicant portal.
When to apply
Application deadlines for the majority of Masters courses in the School of Law are:
- International: Friday 28 June 2024
- UK: Friday 16 August 2024
The School of Law operates a staged admissions process for the following courses with selection deadlines throughout the year:
If you apply before the Application deadline for a particular stage, you will normally receive a response on or before the Decision by date for that stage.
If you require an earlier decision in order to meet a scholarship deadline, please notify us through the My Enquiries section of the application portal once you have applied.
We receive a high volume of applications for these courses so we may need more time to assess your application. If you do not receive an offer in a particular stage, you will be notified that your application has been either unsuccessful or carried forward to be considered in the next stage. Applications will only be carried forward once.
|Friday 10 November 2023
|Friday 15 December 2023
|Thursday 14 December 2023
|Tuesday 13 February 2024
|Friday 1 March 2024
|Friday 12 April 2024
|Friday 19 April 2024
|Friday 17 May 2024
|Final international deadline: Friday 28 June 2024
|Final international places awarded: Friday 12 July 2024
|Final UK deadline: Friday 16 August 2024
|Final UK places awarded: Friday 23 August 2024
- All deadlines are 23:59 UK time
- Applications for each stage open immediately after the deadline for the previous stage
You do not need to have fulfilled all entry requirements before applying. Provided that your application satisfies all other entry requirements, a conditional offer may be made on the basis of a predicted result – for example, the final mark of your first degree or an English language test. You must provide your final results before an unconditional offer can be made. The deadline for meeting your conditions is Monday 12 August 2024, 23:59 UK time.
This is to allow applicants who need a Student route visa time to be confirmed as unconditional, and to pay the tuition fee deposit or provide the sponsor evidence that is required for us to issue a CAS in support of the visa application.
If your offer has been confirmed as unconditional, the deadline for paying your deposit or providing exemption evidence is Monday 26 August 2024. For more information, see our guidance on how to pay your deposit, or provide deposit exemption.
What do I need to include in my application?
Please check that your qualifications match the entry requirements for the course you are applying for, see the course page for details.
When reviewing applications, particular attention will be paid to academic performance. Given the competition for places, preference will be given to applicants who have exceeded or who are projected to exceed our minimum requirements.
Your application must include the following:
- Original copy of your degree certificate and transcript, or a partial transcript if you are still studying, plus a formal translation into English, if applicable
- An approved English language test* (if applicable)
- A letter of financial sponsorship (if applicable)
- Any previous UK CAS, visa and BRP documents, if you are an international student who has previously studied in the UK on a Tier 4/Student visa.
The following are optional:
- An up-to-date CV, if your chosen course requires work experience
- A personal statement, written in English.
As part of your online application you will be able to upload scanned documents.
* Applicants who have not yet completed an approved English language test may apply for a Masters course prior to taking a test.