- Start date: 1 March 2019
- End date: 31 October 2019
- Funder: The British Council Indonesia
- Value: £36,395
- Primary investigator: Dr Martin Lamb
- Co-investigators: Dr Harry Kuchah, Mr Hywel Coleman
- External co-investigators: Nilawati Hadisantosa (Atma Jaya University), Dana Waskita (Institut Teknologi Bandung), Nur Fauzan Ahmad (Universitas Diponegoro)
The study aims to investigate the current policy and practice of EMI within the HE Sector in Indonesia. It also aims to provide comprehensive analysis which can inform the development of an inclusive EMI strategy which supports access, mobility and quality of outcomes for students as well as the Govt of Indonesia and individual higher education institutions’ ambitions for internationalisation.
The study will contribute to the British Council’s global initiative to document the spread of EMI and determine principles for best practice.
Publications and outputs
There will be two project reports, one presenting survey results, the other presenting case studies of institutions which are implementing EMI. These will form the basis for future research papers.