The School of Education works in partnership with Red Kite Teacher Training to deliver School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) and School Direct training, providing the professional grounding you need for a successful career in teaching.
Red Kite is a large teacher training partnership working with providers across Yorkshire – including Yorkshire Inclusive TSA, Swaledale Alliance, North Star TSA, HART of Yorkshire SCITT and All Saints – to deliver the same high-class programme to all trainees.
Successful completion of the Red Kite course with the School of Education means you'll be awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) through Red Kite, and you'll receive your Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) from the University of Leeds.
Red Kite Teacher Training
Whether you apply for school-centred training (SCITT) or School Direct with Red Kite or one of their training partners, you’ll follow the same high-quality Red Kite teacher training course.
Thanks to their partnerships across the region, Red Kite is able to offer placements in 60 schools across four Local Authorities in Leeds and North Yorkshire, ensuring that your placement schools are a good fit for you as an individual and that training to teach is as simple as possible.
Benefits of training through Red Kite include:
- a personalised training programme in a nationally recognised partnership of schools
- wide range of courses, now including Part-Time and SEND options
- extensive, individual and professional support
- fantastic employment opportunities in partner schools
- full access to award-winning facilities at the University of Leeds
- professional development days delivered by outstanding teachers at local venues.
How to apply
Applications are made using the Department for Education’s ‘Apply for Teacher Training’ service.
Due to the current circumstances, interviews are being held virtually on Microsoft Teams for the foreseeable future.