Looking for the best possible start to your career? An undergraduate degree from the School of Education offers just that, providing you with valuable knowledge, skills and experience that will set you up for a successful future.
In recent years, our graduates have gone on to work in:
- Teaching (primary, secondary, tertiary, Special Educational Needs (SEN), Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL))
- Pre-primary care
- Social services
- Educational research
- Social research
- Educational consultancy
You’ll have a range of opportunities to choose from within the School and wider University that will enrich your studies and help you reach your future goals:
- undertake a work placement to gain relevant practical experience and test out a potential career path.
- study abroad to experience life in another culture, pick up new language skills and gain a broader perspective on your studies.
- develop entrepreneurial skills with help from our Enterprise Centre and business start-up service, Spark.
- gain the quantitative skills valued by employers with Q-Step modules.
- volunteer your time and learn new skills while supporting young carers in Leeds, helping out at a local children's charity, or teaching in a rural Cambodian school for the summer.
Find out more about enrichment opportunities.
Support for you
You’ll have access to the University’s award-winning Careers Centre, which is on hand to support you from day one. The Careers Centre offers one-to-one support in creating your CV, searching for jobs and internship opportunities, writing applications and preparing for interviews, as well as specialist career discovery modules.
Once you graduate you will still have access to the University of Leeds Careers Centre services.
For those graduates who can't visit the Careers Centre in person, but need advice, then you can ask your questions using the e-guidance service. Alternatively, you can contact the Careers Centre on +44 (0) 113 343 5295 or email: email@example.com
You can also register for a graduate log in to access the exclusive MyCareer database of local, national and international job opportunities, as well as many student and graduate internship opportunities.
There are a number of graduate and internship career fairs throughout the year where top employers come to campus to recruit our students. In fact, Leeds is one of the top 10 Universities Targeted by the Largest Number of Top Employers in 2017-2018 (High Fliers Research 2018) in the UK.
Leeds for Life
As well as offering a database of volunteering opportunities, discovery modules and potential funding, Leeds for Life will assist you in keeping an active, personal record of all you have done and achieved. This will help you complete application forms and prepare for interviews with ease.
The Leeds Network
The Leeds Network is an extensive network of alumni with a wide range of experiences, doing all kinds of jobs. Once you commence your studies with us, you can contact alumni from the School of Education — or those in careers you’re interested in — to find out how they might be able to help you.
Pratichya Gurung BA (Hons) Childhood Studies
“My course offers a holistic approach to understanding children and young people and the future career possibilities are abundant.”View Profile