Dr Lucy Taylor
- Position: Lecturer in Education (Primary English)
- Areas of expertise: Children’s reading and writing; school literacy pedagogies; children’s literature in education; multimodal texts.
- Email: L.Taylor@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4538
- Location: 1.13 Hillary Place
- Website: Twitter | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I have been a primary school teacher and specialise in primary English and literacy.
I worked in teacher education for a number of years, training postgraduate teacher trainees in primary English.
At present I am a Lecturer in the School of Education with a particular interest in primary education, focusing on literacies.
I am an editor of the journal Literacy https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/17414369
- School Academic Lead for Inclusive Pedagogies
My doctoral research investigated the relationship between reading and writing in children at the end of their primary school years. The focus was on leisure reading and volitional writing, and the resources children bring from their own reading lives which have an impact on the writing choices they make.
My interests continue to be in reading and writing research; cognitive approaches to children’s reading and writing, in particular Text World Theory; child agency in text creation; children’s multimodal texts and cultural resources that children bring to the writing process.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Curriculum, Pedagogy and Policy
- ICY: Inclusion, Childhood & Youth Research Centre