- Email: email@example.com
- Supervisor: Dr Indira Banner, Dr Michael Wilson
After completing an undergraduate degree in music at the University of East Anglia, I began teaching in 2008. I have worked mainly in the secondary sector teaching a number of subjects, including music, performing arts, language and mathematics.
In 2016, having been awarded the School of Education’s Taught Postgraduate Study Scholarship, I left my job as Curriculum Leader to undertake an MA in International Educational Management here at Leeds. My MA study made a significant impact on my outlook and a re-evaluation of my professional goals led me to pursue further study.
Since commencing my part-time EdD in September 2018, I have taught at various universities, including the University of Bath where I was appointed as a lecturer teaching on their MA Education programme. Currently, I am a middle leader at Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln.
Since starting my career in Higher Education, I have taught on a range of degree programmes, these include:
- MA International Education Leadership and Policy (University of Leeds)
- MA Education and Professional Enquiry (University of Leeds)
- MA Education – leadership pathway (University of Bath)
- MA Education (Bishop Grosseteste University)
- BA Education Studies (Bishop Grosseteste University)
- BA Professional Studies (Bishop Grosseteste University)
- Foundation Year (Bishop Grosseteste University)
- PGCE (Bishop Grosseteste University)
With the increasing emphasis on creativity in education under the current culture of change, competition and accountability, my research project for the EdD will explore and compare school leaders and teachers’ perception of creativity in teaching and learning and how this, together with their motivation to be creative are influenced by various factors at different levels in practice. My research will also assess the extent to which creativity is incorporated into whole school teaching and learning strategies as well as teachers’ individual lesson planning.
- MA International Educational Management (Distinction), University of Leeds
- PGCE (Outstanding), Open University
- BA Music (2:1), University of East Anglia