Dr Neil Winn
- Position: Senior Lecturer in European Studies
- Areas of expertise: European Union; European international relations; CFSP/CSDP; EU foreign and security policy; foreign policy analysis; strategy and foreign policy
- Email: N.Winn@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6846
- Location: 14.04 Social Sciences Building
My work lies at the intersection of international relations and European politics. I am interested in European international relations in particular, and emphasise an interdisciplinary approach in my work.
- MA Dissertation Co-ordinator
I have interests in the Common Foreign and Security Policy and Common Security and Defence Policy of the European Union and the international relations of Europe in general. I have also published work in EU foreign and security policy, EU conflict resolution, EU global strategy, and EU security and development policy. I also have interests in intelligence and foreign policy analysis.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD International Relations
- MA European Politics
- BA Politics with Law
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
My teaching interests lie at the intersection of international relations and European politics. I teach undergraduate modules in Europe in the World and postgraduate modules in European Defence and Security Analysis. I currently direct the MA dissertation module and MA induction module. In the past I have been Director of Learning of Teaching and Director of Student Education in the School of Politics and International Studies. I have also taught at KU Leuven and the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium.