We supervise research in all areas connected to our specialist interests, including the following areas:
- Ancient and modern political thought
- Contemporary political philosophy
- Critical and continental political theory
- Feminism and feminist theory
Please see individual staff profiles for more specific areas of expertise.
You can find further information on the application process as well as funding opportunities on our research degrees page.
International postgraduate recruitment into our school is significant. Over fifty per cent of our postgraduate students are students from overseas, and their presence brings differing insights, perspectives and experiences of global issues into the ethos of our school.
We also hold regular seminars for students and postgraduate research students substantially engage in this research group’s activities.
- MA Social and Political Thought - Our innovative masters programme is delivered jointly by the Schools of Politics and International Studies and Sociology and Social Policy. Enabling flexible, interdisciplinary study of themes in both social and political theory, the programme provides students with opportunities to work with experts researching at the cutting-edge in both fields.
View all masters courses at the School of Politics and International Studies.