Dr Colin Mackie
- Position: Lecturer in Business Law
- Areas of expertise: company/corporate law; environmental law
- Email: C.Mackie@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1302
- Location: 2.33a Liberty Building
I joined the School of Law in February 2017. I was previously a lecturer in law at the University of Aberdeen (2013-2017). I studied law at the University of Manchester. After completing a training contract with the international law firm, Pinsent Masons LLP, I undertook an AHRC funded PhD titled, Corporate Structures and Environmental Liability under EU Law, at the University of Aberdeen which I completed in May 2013.
My teaching and research interests lie in the field of company/corporate law and environmental law, with a particular focus on corporate environmental liability and issues associated with it.
Between December 2015 and December 2017, I was a member of a project team led by the Irish Environmental Protection Agency and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency looking at the issue of financial provision for environmental liabilities. The project was funded by IMPEL (European Union Network for the Implementation and Enforcement of Environmental Law). The interim report for the first 12 months can be read online.
I currently teach:
- Company Law
- Law and the Environment I: Pollution Control
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Director of Employability
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- LLB (Hons) Law (first class)
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors, England and Wales (currently non-practising)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Business Law and Practice
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
The school welcomes enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//essl.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.