The Mixed Economy of Criminal Justice: The Challenges of Contestability, Privatisation and Partnership Working
- Date: Thursday 24 November 2011, 9:30 – 16:30
- Location: Liberty Building
- Cost: Free
This seminar will focus on the issues arising from the third sector tendering for and operating core criminal justice services.
It will explore the implications of this for the third sector ideologies and traditions as well as their structure, financial arrangements and management and accountability mechanisms. It will also consider how it will impact upon relationships between the third sector, criminal justice agencies and private sector providers.
Downloadable documents from Seminar Four:
- ESRC Report - Seminar Four (PDF, 143KB)
- Programme (PDF, 38KB)
- Introduction to the Fourth Seminar (PDF, 100KB)
- Discussion Document - NOMS Commissioning Intentions 2012-13 (PDF, 723KB)
- Presentation - Jonathan Martin (PDF, 212KB)
- Presentation - Gary Kernaghan (PDF, 171KB)
- Presentation - Clive Martin (PDF, 163KB)
- Presentation - Rod Dacombe (PDF, 282KB)
- Presentation - Spencer Draper and Elizabeth Bouchard (PDF, 360KB)
- Presentation - Andy Cross (PDF, 584KB)
School of Law
The Liberty Building
University of Leeds
The Liberty Building is number 16 on the campus map.