ESRC Festival of Social Science
- Date: Saturday 2 November 2019
- Location: Various locations - see description for more detail
- Interval: Every day
- Until: Saturday 9 November 2019
- Cost: See activity details
The ESRC Festival of Social Science 2019 will run from 2-9 November, with over 470 events being held across the UK.
Events will cover a wide range of topics – AI, mental health, sexuality, parenting, weather, gender, ageing, love, death, economics and education, to name but a few.
The Festival celebrates some of the country’s leading social science research, providing an exciting opportunity to showcase the valuable work of the UK’s social scientists and demonstrate how their work has an impact on all our lives.
The festival aims to:
- encourage, support and create the opportunity for social science researchers to engage with non-academic audiences
- promote and increase awareness of the social sciences and ESRC’s research
- promote and increase awareness of the contributions the social sciences make to the wellbeing and the economy of the UK society
- enable the public to engage with social science research
- engage with teachers and young people and to raise their awareness of the social sciences.
Discover the events taking place at Leeds as part of the ESRC Festival of Social Science.
For further information, visit the festival website.