11th Research Students' Education Conference 2017
- Date: Wednesday 17 May 2017
- Location: University House
- Cost: Free
The RSEC 2017 team are organising the 11th Research Students' Education Conference 2017 to be held at the University House, University of Leeds on 17 May.
This year our conference theme is “Impact of your Research”.
This is a conference run by students for students with an aim of providing a platform for bringing all Education PGR community together.
This is a free event and lunch will be provided.
Call for papers: the deadline for submitting abstracts is 31st March 2017. Please send no more than 250 word abstract for a presentation and/or a poster to email@example.com.
Find out more about the conference
There are many benefits of presenting and attending this conference. You will have the opportunity to:
Present you work (work in- progress is welcome) in a friendly atmosphere.
- Get valuable feedback from experienced Academic staff and from your session attendees.
- Meet fellow PGR students and benefit from their experiences.
- Benefit from formal and informal discussions.
- Expand you academic networking and increase the opportunity for research collaborations
- Start thinking of the Impact of your Research
- Get to hear from our very knowledgeable and renowned scholar and academic keynote speaker Dr. Prof. Patricia Thomson
Feedback from previous attendees:
“This is my very first students’ conference and presentation that I’ve signed up for as a first year PhD student. I feel very comfortable with everybody as if we’re from the same School of Education”
Nur Azyan, Liverpool John Moores University, RSEC 2016
''As a first-year student, I was really excited about presenting at the conference. The valuable feedback I received from the academic and the audience contributed greatly in shaping my initial thoughts into my current research''
Rumana Hossain, PhD student, University of Leeds, RSEC 2015
"I felt the conference had a strong positive atmosphere and did a great deal in promoting the kind of research culture that we need in the school."
Dr Jean Conteh, University of Leeds, RSEC 2014
''This annual conference is a highlight in the School of Education events calendar."
Dr Paula Clarke, University of Leeds, RSEC 2014