There are many ways for you to explore the University and meet with or speak to staff and students from the School of Sociology and Social Policy.
Throughout the year we provide regular on-campus open days in addition to virtual and overseas events for international students, allowing you to find out everything you need to know about study and life in Leeds.
Please note: In line with government advice regarding coronavirus (covid-19), the following are cancelled until further notice:
- Campus tours
- Applicant visit days (for students who have already applied)
- International campus tours
- Independent visits
For further information please refer to the University of Leeds ‘Visit us’ webpage.
Online information sessions
Join one of our free online information sessions to ask staff and current students about what you can expect from studying in the School of Sociology and from life in Leeds.
Upcoming online events:
- BA Social Science online information session – Saturday 6 February 10:00am-12:30pm
Join us to find out more about this extended degree which incorporates a foundation year for UK students without the standard A level entry requirements.
Book your place
One of the best ways to get a feel for our campus is by attending one of our open days.
An open day will give you an opportunity to:
- find out more about our courses through subject talks and taster sessions
- view our facilities, including the Edge Sports Centre and academic libraries
- discover more about study abroad, work placements and other enrichment opportunities
- meet our students and staff
- visit an example of student accommodation within one of our halls of residence
- tour Leeds University Students’ Union
As our campus is only a short walk from the city centre, you can explore Leeds too. Taking a stroll in the city gives you a real taste of what it has to offer, from shopping and entertainment to the many restaurants and bars.
If you can’t attend an open day but would like to visit the University, you can join one of our student-led campus tours. We provide tours most Wednesdays during term time, with more frequent tours available during peak periods.
A student-led tour of the campus will generally include:
- Leeds University Students’ Union
- academic libraries
- the Edge Sports Centre
- an example of student accommodation within one of our halls of residence
Depending on when you visit, you may also be able to visit the School. Please contact the school in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please be aware that during term time schools are not always able to accommodate visitors due to teaching commitments.
For any queries about campus tours please email email@example.com or call (0113) 343 67 92.
Offer holder days
We understand how important your choice of university is and we want you to have all the information you need to help you make the right decision.
In addition to the university open days which anyone can attend, we also invite our offer holders to subject-specific events.
Offer holder days give you the chance to discuss your application, your career plans, and check that your course is right for you before submitting your final choices to UCAS.
These events usually include the opportunity to:
- find out more about your course
- chat to current students and academic staff
- tour our school buildings as well as the wider campus and its resources
- meet other students who may be joining Leeds at the same time as you.
Our staff regularly travel overseas to meet with international students interested in studying within the United Kingdom. Visits include attending education exhibitions and fairs, or conducting interviews at our overseas representatives’ offices.
We'll be able to give you advice on all aspects of studying with us; from choosing the right course for your future career to guidance on how to apply.
Contact a student through Link to Leeds
Find out more about other international students’ experiences by speaking with one of our Link to Leeds Ambassadors.
Link to Leeds gives you an opportunity to talk directly to some of our current international students, who can answer your questions through email, instant messaging, live chat and social media.