Dr Simon Lightfoot
- Position: Senior Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: EU policy
- Email: S.J.Lightfoot@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1765
- Location: 13.26 Social Sciences Building
Before he came to Leeds since 2005, Simon Lightfoot worked at Liverpool John Moores University. He has been a visiting fellow at the National Europe Centre, Australian National University and the Corvinus University of Budapest. He is co-organiser of the EADI Working Group ‘Development Aid of the Non-DAC Donors’. He has an interest in learning and teaching issues. In 2009 he won the Political Studies Association's Bernard Crick Prize for Outstanding Teaching and was awarded a full University Teaching Fellowship. In 2013 Simon won the prestigious award of National Teaching Fellow.
- Pro Dean for Student Education
My current research projects focus on the folllowing.
- EU Development Policy and the enlargements of the EU in 2004 and 2007
- Attitudes of social democratic parties to European integration, especially in CEE states
- The organisational development of Europarties
- The EU and Sustainable Development
I currently teach Governing the EU (Undergraduate Level 2) as well as the EU and the Developing World (MA).