Dr Laura Considine
- Position: Associate Professor of International Politics
- Areas of expertise: global nuclear politics; nuclear disarmament; the history of arms control; politics, literature and language
- Email: L.Considine@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4936
- Location: 14.06 Social Sciences Building
I am an Associate Professor of International Politics specialising in Global Nuclear Politics. I received my M.Litt in International Security Studies from the University of St Andrews in 2010 and my Ph.D in International Politics from Aberystwyth University in 2014.
I was a Kluge Fellow at the Library of Congress in Washington DC in 2011.
- Director, Centre for Global Security Challenges
My research interests include issues of language and meaning in the politics of nuclear weapons. I have published research on nuclear disarmament, non-proliferation and the role of langauge and narratibve in international politics. I have also published resaerch on trust in international politics. I am currently working on a project on hte role of gender in nuclear weapons politics and on a project on how to understadn the everyday impacts of nuclear weapons.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
I teach on subjects including the politics of nuclear weapons, security studies and international relations theory.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Global Security Challenges