Dr James Worrall
- Position: Associate Professor in International Relations and Middle East Studies
- Areas of expertise: Security Studies; International Relations
- Email: J.E.Worrall@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9207
- Location: 14.36 Social Sciences Building
I first came to Leeds in 2003 to do my MA and decided to stay to carry out PhD research on Anglo-Omani relations. I have been teaching in the school since 2005. Before switching to International Relations I studied History and Modern Languages.
My research interests lie in the fields of Security Studies and International Relations and include: Western relations with the Arab World, Gulf Politics and Security, Regional International Organisations, Decolonisation, Counterinsurgency Strategy, Security Sector Reform, Regime Stability and Legitimacy in non-democratic states and Diplomatic theory and practice.
I also have an interest in sub-state conflict and am currently reviews editor for the journal Civil Wars.
I teach a wide range of modules in the IR and security areas including: International Politics, Foreign Policy Analysis, International Organisations & World Order and Dirty War: Insurgency, the State & Cities.