Peer mentoring internship available to POLIS students
An exciting opportunity has arisen for one POLIS student to help next year’s first years settle in. The role is well paid and would constitute an impressive addition to your CV.
Induction and Peer mentoring Internship
(Part-time, fixed term until April 2016)
This is a one-off internship which provides an opportunity to make a difference to the School’s UG Student Induction. The intern will work closely with the professional staff in the School of Politics and International Studies assisting with the organisation of the peer mentoring scheme and student induction. The successful candidate will liaise with the SSF and the POLIS Society in helping to organise an exciting induction week agenda as well as helping to direct the schedules of the peer mentors under supervision of the Student Opportunity Officer.
Through this internship the successful candidate with develop their skills and attributes as part of the Leeds for Life scheme:
- To manage time and workload effectively
- To demonstrate professionalism at all times in line with the University values
- The ability to work in a collegial way towards a common goal
- The ability to work autonomously, take the initiative and to be self-directed in undertaking tasks
- The ability to think creatively in solving last minute problems
- To develop communication skills through liaising with students, staff and other university departments
- To demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team
The full job description can be found here.
A job application form can be downloaded from the University Website, under the Recruitment and redeployment tab.
Completed written or on-line applications should be returned to James Thompson, room 13.34 Social Sciences Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT.
Please note you only need to supply one reference with the application form; preferably from an academic supervisor or recent employer. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities Monitoring form at interview stage
Hourly rate £8.86 per hour
Contract: Up to 66 hours (minimum of 40 hours), over 1 calendar year.
Job ref: POLISINT2/2
Closing date for applications: 12noon 24th April 2015
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 4th May 2015