International conference on responsibility to protect, peace and security
Dr Cristina Stefan, Co-Director of the European Centre for the Responsibility to Protect and Lecturer in International Relations, has organised an international conference this December.
The two-day conference (entitled The Responsibility to Protect, Peace and Security) and affiliated women's network will take place on Tuesday 12 - Wednesday 13 December. It will bring together experts from academia, policy-making, civil society and diplomacy – all women – and provide a platform for each to discuss their research and work within Responsibility to Protect (R2P), Peace and Security agendas.
Topics will include:
- The Global State of R2P, Peace and Security Research, from the Perspectives of Women Academics and Practitioners
- Researching Women, Peace and Security
- Assessing the Importance of an Atrocity Prevention Focus
- Regional Contexts of Violence and Protection, including perspectives regarding Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America
- Assessing Protection Responsibilities in the European context
- International Law, Human Rights, and the United Nations
- Insights on Bridging the Gaps: From Academics to Policy-Makers, from Research to Impact
Dr Cristina Stefan is a recipient of the British Academy Rising Star Engagement Award for 2017-2018, which is used to fund this work.