Dr Chris Dietz
- Position: Lecturer in Law & Social Justice
- Areas of expertise: Embodiment; feminist theory; gender studies; governance; health care; inequality; jurisdiction; legal theory; regulation; sexuality; social theory; trans issues.
- Email: C.P.Dietz@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7778
- Location: G.35 The Liberty Building
- Website: Googlescholar | ORCID
I am a graduate of the University of Leeds, having completed an LLB in Law and European Law, an MA in in Criminological Research, and a PhD in Socio-Legal Studies, at the School of Law, before commencing my lectureship in June 2017.
I have previously held visiting positions at the University of Copenhagen (Denmark), and Linköping University (Sweden).
- Study Abroad Co-ordinator
My research addresses the regulation of gender, with a specific focus upon how gender recognition law affects trans embodiment. My forthcoming monograph presents a critical analysis of how effective the ‘self-declaration’ model of legal gender recognition has been in Denmark, the first European state to have adopted it.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD (University of Leeds)
- MA (University of Leeds)
- LLB (University of Leeds)
- Socio-Legal Studies Association
- Nordic Transgender Studies Network
I teach Employment Law, Health Care Law, Gender and the Law, Law and Society, and Theories of Social Justice.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Law and Social Justice