Ms Erika Moranduzzo (she/her)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: The role of the civil society in the recognition and protection of climate refugees in European Union.
- Supervisors: Dr Ilias Trispiotis, Dr. Stuart Wallace
I joined the University of Leeds as PhD Candidate in October 2022 after completing my LLM degree in International Human Rights Law in 2021 (Distinction).
I hold a degree in Law from the University of Milan-Bicocca (first-class honours).
From 2012 to 2018 I worked as a qualified lawyer for top Law Firms in Milan.
I cooperate with various italian NGOs and associations active in the field of climate change and human rights.
I participate in UN-COPs as official observer for the ONLUS Italian Climate Network.
My research focuses on the legal recognition and protection of climate refugees in European Union by investigating the role of the civil society in this field.
Overall, I have an interest on the intersection between the adverse impacts of climate change and the enjoyment of human rights.
- LLM in International Human Rights Law
- Bachelor-Master Degree in Law
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Law and Social Justice