School of Law success in Faculty Partnership Awards
The annual Leeds Partnership Awards celebrate the achievements of staff and students who truly put The Leeds Partnership into practice.
The University of Leeds and Leeds University Union bring staff and students together to create and agree a shared set of expectations known as The Leeds Partnership.
The Leeds Partnership is made up of three core commitments relating to both students and staff:
- to be responsible, accessible and respectful
- to prepare for, engage with and contribute to learning at Leeds
- to help each other to reflect, develop and improve.
Every year, The Leeds Partnership run an awards programme designed to recognise and celebrate staff and students who personify the values of The Leeds Partnership that are so essential to the student experience at Leeds.
Nominations for the 2020 Partnership Awards closed on Monday 17 February 2020 and over 2700 nominations were received - each of which celebrates the work done at the University of Leeds.
The School of Law are incredibly proud of the students and staff who won Faculty Partnership Awards and will go forward to the main university panel which decides the overall university winners.
Congratulation to all our Faculty winners:
- Niamh Byrne (Community Engagement Activities Co-ordinator) - The Innovation award.
- Dr. David Churchill (Associate Professor in Criminal Justice) - Best Supervisor (PhD) award.
- James Johnston (Student Support Officer) - Equality and Inclusion (staff) award.
- Dr. Sam Lewis (Associate Professor in Criminology and Criminal Justice), - the Global (staff) award.
- Dr. George Zhou (Associate Professor), who won Inspirational Teaching.
- Ziheng Feng (Intellectual Property Law Masters student) won the Wellbeing (student) award.
- Student led group Women Breaking Barriers won the Positive Impact (Group) award.
The overall University winners will be announced at the end of April.