N8 Policing Research Partnership: Police Community Engagement Workshop
- Date: Wednesday 5 March 2014, 12:15 – 16:30
- Location: Liberty Building
- Cost: Free
This workshop will provide a forum to discuss the breadth of community engagement activity being pursued by police forces in the north of England.
It will bring together operational police commanders, academic researchers and other (public and private) stakeholders with expertise in this increasingly important area of policing activity.
The aims of the workshop are to:
(a) Share contemporary policy and practice of police community engagement, identifying current challenges and opportunities as well as exploring its purposes and future prospects;
(b) Consider opportunities for research into community engagement and neighbourhood policing that address the goals and priorities of police and partners;
(c) Serve as a platform for future collaboration that builds links between universities, police and partners and establishes a network of community engagement champions across northern police forces.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Beverley Adams (West Yorkshire Police)
- Dr. Andrew Fisher and Susan Richie (Blue Locus Network / MutualGain)
- Professor Simon Holdaway (Sheffield University)
- Nick Keane, College of Policing
- Stuart Lister (University of Leeds)
- Dr. Alistair McFadyen MBE (University of Leeds)
- Superintendent Peter Norman (South Yorkshire Police)
- Inspector Andrew Staniforth (West Yorkshire Police)
The N8 Policing Research Partnership has been set up to enable and foster collaborations that will help address the issues facing policing in the 21st Century and achieve excellence in policing research and its impact.
If you would like to attend, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the organisation you work for and your contact details. Lunch will be provided (12.15pm-1pm). Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
School of Law
The Liberty Building
University of Leeds
The Liberty Building is number 16 on the campus map.