The Well-Being of Disabled People and Carers
- Date: Wednesday 12 July 2017
- Location: Liberty Building (Moot Court) LT (1.28)
- Cost: Free
Two research projects were undertaken and the Symposium will launch reports on these as well as providing brief presentations on current research themes.
This event is free to attend and open to all. To book please email Lucie Milner on firstname.lastname@example.org
Arising out of the last event, two research projects (benefitting from the Cerebra funded pro bono research programme) were undertaken and the Symposium will launch reports on these as well as providing brief presentations on current research themes and space for discussion about what our future research priorities should be.
Short updates on research interests (including):
- Home adaptations: a cost benefit analysis case study involving young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders – research with the Access Committee for Leeds
- Home to school transport: the legality, adequacy and accessibility of local authority policies – research with Cerebra
- The right to ‘independent living’: the draft General Comment on Article 19 UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- ‘Problem solving’: resolving commonly occurring health and social care difficulties
- Future research ideas and priorities.