The Future(s) of Social Justice: The Community and Social Care
- Date: Wednesday 13 May 2020, 14:00 – 16:00
- Location: Liberty Building (Moot Court) LT (1.28)
- Cost: Free
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOLLOWING MEASURES AND ADVICE ISSUED BY THE GOVERNMENT IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
The workshop will bring together leading researchers from health, law, social policy, and human geography to provoke critical and radical thinking on the challenges facing social care.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Professor Chris Hatton (Professor of Public Health and Disability, Lancaster)
- Dr Andrew Power (Associate Professor in Human Geography, Southampton)
- Dr Lucy Series (Wellcome Trust Society and Ethics Research Fellow, Cardiff)
- Professor Fiona Williams (Emeritus Professor of Social Policy, Leeds)
We particularly welcome individuals and organisations with lived experience of social and community care.
Following reflections on the theme from the panel, there will be opportunities for broader audience discussion. These discussions will lead to new trajectories for research and inquiry.
There will be step-free access to the rooms via lifts. There may be doors in the corridors which need to be opened manually. Please contact us in advance of the event with your accessibility requirements so that we can ensure you will be able to get the most from this event.
For further information, contact Beverley Clough (email@example.com).