My previous research focus was on lexical semantics and second language teaching. During the MA stage, my interest of critical discourse analysis and sociolinguistics grew.
I am eager to study the implicit relationship between language and ideology, gender and other social factors, and metaphor has provided me a unique and realistic perspective to enter this research field.
Language seems to be an innate existence in the human world and we easily to ignore its power, especially in political discourse. Language is worthy of being discussed and explored non-stop.
- Metaphor in political discourse
- Metaphor and gender
- Critical discourse analysis
- Chunks and vocabulary pedagogy
- MA in Applied Linguistics, Beijing Normal University
- BA in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (TCFL), Hebei University of Technology