- Position: Employability & Placements Officer
- Email: M.J.Wilmers@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9700
I am responsible for providing employability support and careers guidance to students in the School of Law, with a particular focus on international and taught postgraduate students.
My role involves:
- Providing careers expertise and support for international and taught postgraduate students.
- Delivering in-depth individual advice and guidance sessions for students to discuss their career aspirations and plan for their future.
- Managing projects and coordinating careers events such as industry talks, seminars and fairs. Running workshops on key employability skills and labour market information.
- Developing strategies to embed employability into academic programmes and curricula.
- Building relationships with international employers, experts and stakeholders.
- Liaising with the Careers Centre, student societies, the Business Confucius Institute and International Students Office.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Guidance
- MA Journalism
- BA Philosophy & Hispanic Studies
- HSK II Mandarin Chinese