- Start date: 4 November 2015
- End date: 4 March 2016
- Value: £6,600 See KRISTAL ref: 107954
- Primary investigator: Professor Mark Davis
- Co-investigators: Dr Stephen Hall (SRI) Dr Tim Braunholtz-Speight (formerly, SSP)
- External co-investigators: Kieran Garvey Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF)
Energy Systems Catapult / Innovate UK
(SSH Phase 2 Programme Funding Planning)
Alternative finance offers one way of inviting ownership stakes into smart energy systems, and is therefore a vital new avenue to secure broader engagement with energy futures. This Catapult project demonstrated the effect alternative finance business models – specifically, crowdfunding and peer-to-peer (P2P lending – can have on the capital structure of an energy or infrastructure project. The teams at Leeds and Cambridge explored the evidence for alternative finance to deliver enhanced user engagement, increase community support and involve strategically important local institutions in smart energy systems.
Publications and outputs
Internal report submitted to Innovate UK.