- Start date: 1 September 2017
- End date: 1 September 2020
- Funder: ESRC/LSSI Impact Acceleration Account (IAA)
- Value: £9,545
- Primary investigator: Professor Cristina Leston-Bandeira
- External co-investigators: Professor Emma Crewe (PI – SOAS, UK) Dr Meheret Ayenew (FSS, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) Dr Ruth Fox (Hansard Society, UK) Professor Niraja (JNU, New Delhi, India) Myat Thet Thitsar (EMReF, Yangon, Myanmar)
This project aimed to create opportunities for scholars in extremely politically fragile states to undertake research on the relationship between parliament and people, namely through exploring the potential of the arts and humanities to anchor this relationship, its research and/or its dissemination thereafter. We focused specifically on scholars in Ethiopia and Myanmar.