I obtained my Master degree in Global Development and Education at the University of Leeds in 2018 and have been studying education policy and development for my doctorate at Leeds POLIS thereafter.
My PhD has a particular focus on the (mis)use of educational accountability. The project turns specifically to a qualitative exploratory case study research to investigate how accountability in the context of ethnic minority education in China, as a ruler’s ‘governance technique’, affects educational practices in schools and teachers' behaviour, and thus influences the social and cultural reproduction processes of students.
- Educational Development in the Global South
- Nationalism, and education for Patriotism
- MA in Global Development and Education
- BA in Chinese Literature
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Contemporary Political Theory
- Centre for Global Development