- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisors: Dr Cristina G. Stefan, Dr Sahla Aroussi
I began my PhD at the University of Leeds in October 2022. Previously, I studied at the University of Sheffield where I obtained my BA (Hons) in History (2019) and my MA in Politics and International Relations (2020).
During my MA I specialised in feminist security studies with my thesis focusing on genocidal rape in Bosnia-Herzegovina (1992-95) and subsequent security measures enacted by the United Nations.
Whilst still in the early stages of inquiry, my doctoral work will explore the phenomenon of ‘peacekeeper babies’ as evidence of how the United Nations has failed to protect women and girls from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- International security
- Peace and security
- Responsibility to Protect
- Feminist IR theory.
- MA Politics and International Relations
- BA (Hons) History
Research groups and institutes
- European Centre for Responsibility to Protect
- Centre for Global Security Challenges