Dr Daniel Birks
- Position: Associate Professor of Quantitative Policing & Crime Data Analytics
- Areas of expertise: computational social science; criminology; urban analytics; crime analysis; intelligence-led policing; environmental criminology; crime science; situational crime prevention; data-science
- Email: D.Birks@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7161
- Location: 2.04 Liberty Building
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the University of Leeds in February 2018 as the University Academic Fellow in Quantitative Policing and Crime Data Analytics.
I have previously held research and teaching roles at the Griffith Criminology Institute, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia; the Australian Research Council's Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security; and University College London's Jill Dando Institute of Crime Science.
A computational social scientist primarily focusing on urban analytics and the role computational methods can play in better understanding, predicting and disrupting crime problems.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Criminology
- MSc Cognitive Science
- BSc (Hons) Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Criminal Justice Studies