Dr Mitchell Travis
I joined the School of Law in September 2015, having previously been a Lecturer of Law at the University of Exeter. I am a graduate of the Universities of Wolverhampton (LLB) and Keele (LLM, PhD Law).
- Director of the LLM in Law and Social Justice
I am interested in range of different issues that are underpinned by a theoretical commitment to feminist theory and the legal humanities. In particular, my work focuses on intersex embodiment, vulnerability and legal personhood.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Evaluating the Operation of Malta's Gender Identity, Gender Expression and Sex Characteristics Act 2015: To What Extent Has it Enhanced the Bodily Integrity of Intersex Infants?
I currently contribute to the following modules;
- Gender and the Law
- Foundations of Law
- Law and Society
- Inequalities, Law and Justice
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Law and Social Justice
- Centre for Innovation and Research in Legal Education