Dr Konstantinos Stylianou
- Position: Lecturer in Competition Law and Regulation
- Areas of expertise: Competition Law; Antitrust; Telecommunications; Regulation; Blockchain; Internet; Digital Markets; Networks
- Email: K.Stylianou@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9806
- Location: 2.34 Liberty Building
- Website: SSRN | Twitter | LinkedIn
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Competition Law and Regulation, and the Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Law and Practice. My areas of focus are communications networks, digital markets, blockchain, and high tech industries in gereral.
Before joining the University of Leeds, I was a Fellow at the Center for Technology and Society at FGV Direito Rio (Brazil), where I was involved in the public consultation and drafting of the local net neutrality rules, and before that I worked and/or interned at the Council of Europe, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, the Berkman Center at Harvard, and the European Platform for Regulatory Authorities. I have also provided consultancy/advisory services to Google and numerous Internet start-up companies.
I hold an S.J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania (US), an LL.M. from Harvard (US) and a Bachelor's and Master’s from Aristotle University (Greece), and I have been a Visiting Scholar at the Centre for Socio-legal Studies, University of Oxford (UK).
My work and research have been supported among others by the Fulbright Foundation, the Onassis Foundation, the Koch Foundation and the National Scholarship Foundation.
I also sit on the Editorial Board of World Competition.
- Deputy Director, Centre for Business Law and Practice
Areas I'm currently working on or are interested in include the nature/function of competition in digital markets, the choice between competition and regulation, and how markets are organised using blockchain.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- S.J.D., University of Pennsylvania
- LL.M., Harvard University
- Master's in Law, University of Thessaloniki
- Bachelor's in Law, University of Thessaloniki
- Greek Bar Association
I teach in the areas of competition law (european and international), regulation, European Union law, and legal research.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Business Law and Practice
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
The school welcomes enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//essl.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.