Dr César J Ramírez-Montes
- Position: Intellectual Property Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Intellectual property rights; digital copyright; copyright and disability law; copyright and social justice; patents and access to medicines; brands; brands and competition; commercial assets.
- Email: C.J.Ramirez-Montes@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8092
- Location: G.17, The Liberty Building
Intellectual property rights and their relationship with human rights (free speech, data protection, access to education and health care, etc.), the intersection between free speech and copyright/trade marks, and unfair competition.
I am a lecturer in Intellectual Property and the Erasmus/JYA Coordinator in the Law School.
I joined the School of Law in 2009. I graduated from Oxford where I read for the MJur/BCL, an MSt and a DPhil. My doctoral thesis was on a comparative critique of the concept of trade mark dilution in the US and Europe. I have been a visiting scholar at Wisconsin University and Louisville University in the US and Rennes University in France.
- Undegraduate IP module leader
- Postgraduate tutor
- Postgraduate convenor for Trade Marks and Digital Copyright
My research interests focus primarily on the whole range of Intellectual Property Rights, ie Copyright, Patents, Trade Marks and Design Rights, and their relationship with competition and human rights. In connection with human rights, I am particularly interested in the intersection between free speech and copyright/trade marks.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MJur and DPhil (Oxford)
I am currently the module leader for the undegradaute module in Intellectual Property and I am also part of the team teaching the the Law of Torts.
At postgraduate level, I am the module leader for two modules: Trade Marks and Digital Copyright.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Business Law and Practice