Dr David Pearce
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: The English law of obligations; the nature and scope of contractual rights and remedies; proprietary rights and remedies
- Email: D.Pearce@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5053
- Location: 2.28a Liberty Building
Before becoming an academic, I practised as a solicitor at a London firm where I undertook a broad range of commercial work.
From practice, I went to the University of Exeter to read for a PhD. In my thesis I explored the extent to which English law recognises a duty to perform a contract and the scope of liability which arises when that duty is breached.
My written work focuses on the nature and scope of contractual rights and remedies, and their relationship with proprietary rights and remedies.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
I currently teach Contract and Tort law.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Business Law and Practice