Dr David Pearce
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: English Contract and Tort Law
- Email: D.Pearce@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5053
- Location: 2.28a Liberty Building
Before becoming an academic, I practised as a solicitor at a London firm where I undertook a broad range of commercial work.
From practice, I went to the University of Exeter to read for a PhD. In my thesis I explored the extent to which English law recognises a duty to perform a contract and the scope of liability which arises when that duty is breached. Since then I have written on various aspects of Contract and Tort law.
- Deputy Director of Postgraduate Research Studies
All areas of Contract and Tort law.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
I currently teach Contract and Tort law.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Business Law and Practice