Dr James Greenwood-Reeves
- Position: Lecturer in Law
- Areas of expertise: public order; violent protest; public law; legal theory; security and justice; surveillance; queer legal theory; drag and the law
- Email: J.R.H.Greenwood-Reeves@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G.34 The Liberty Building
- Website: | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I was Lecturer in Law at the Univeristy of Sussex (2021-22) before my appointment as Lecturer in Law at Leeds (2022-present).
I am interested in many overlapping areas of criminal and public law, and wider research in queer theory, moral philosophy, politics, sociology, and law and culture. My particular research interests include surveillance and security, violent protest, Pride and queerness as protest / in protest, and drag and the law. Along with Dr Rosie Fox, I run the “Law’s a Drag” research network, reaching out to drag performers locally and nationally in order to create a meaningful, reciprocal exchange of knowledge and collaborative opportunities with drag artists.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Law
- MSc Security and Justice
- BA (Cantab) Law
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
I currently teach on a range of core modules, including constitutional and administrative law, trusts, and other compulsory modules such as law and society. I also teach on modules relating to criminal justice processes and inequalities and the law. I have previously taught on a range of other modules, including criminal law and foundations modules.