Miss Amy Loughery
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Drug policy; Drug courts; County lines; Cuckooing victimisation; Qualitative research; Innovative research methods
- Email: A.Loughery@leeds.ac.uk
I am currently working on an N8 PRP funded research project with Dr Laura Bainbridge on ‘cuckooing’ victimisation and county lines in the North of England. I am also currently writing up a PhD thesis at the University of York, exploring the relationship between ‘care’ and ‘control’ in a Scottish Drug Court.
Prior to this, I completed a Masters’ degree in Criminology and Social Research at the University of York and was employed as a Research Assistant at York Law School.
My scholarly interests lie at the nexus of social policy, criminology, and law. I am particularly interested in understanding criminal justice responses to drugs and enforced abstinence. I am also interested in using innovative qualitative research methods, such as narrative and visual methods.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Social Policy and Social Work (York, TBA)
- MA Criminology and Social Research (York)
- LLB Law (York)