Professor Andrew Campbell
- Position: Emeritus Professor of International Banking and Finance Law
- Areas of expertise: Banking and finance law.
- Email: A.Campbell@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7113
- Location: 2.35 Liberty Building
Banking and financial services law, including Islamic banking law.
My specialist area for both teaching and research is banking and finance law. This has been a very exciting area of law recently as a result of the global financial crisis. It is becoming very popular area of study at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
My research interests are in the area of banking and finance, with special emphasis on the following areas:
- bank insolvency
- bank regulation
- protecting bank depositors
- Islamic banking
- money laundering.
I teach a module in banking and financial services law at undergraduate level and one module at masters level in international banking law.
- I teach International Banking Law and International Trade Finance Law on the LL.M programmes.
My research focuses on the following:
- regulation of banks and especially on bank insolvency
- Islamic banking law
- financial crime
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Business Law and Practice