Dr Cristina Saenz Perez
I joined the School of Law in September 2021.
Prior to this, I was Lecturer in Law at the University of Lincoln (2020-2021) and Graduate Research Assistant at the Centre for European Law and Internationalisation, Leicester Law School (2016-2020). I completed a PhD in EU criminal law at the University of Leicester in 2020. I am also Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
My research interests lie in four main areas:
- EU criminal law
- The implications of Brexit on security, counter-terrorism and human rights
- International police cooperation, particularly the exchange of e-evidence
- Europe’s multi-level security governance
- PhD in EU Criminal Law (University of Leicester)
- LLM in International Criminal Justice (University of Turin, Italy)
- LLB (University of Valencia, Spain)
- BBA (University of Valencia, Spain)
- European Criminal Law Academic Network (ECLAN)
- Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies (RUSI)
- European Centre for Transitional Justice
I teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules within the fields of international law and criminal justice.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Criminal Justice Studies