- Position: Lecturer in Legal Profession
- Areas of expertise: Lawyers and legal profession, company law, banking and finance law and regulation
- Email: T.G.Clark@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn
I joined the University of Leeds as a Lecturer in January 2021. Prior to this I was a Teaching Fellow at University College London (UCL), between 2017 and 2020. I was a partner of the international law firm, Linklaters, from 2001 to 2017, in London and Hong Kong, specialising in international finance.
I obtained an LLB (1990) and an LLM (2018) from UCL, and in 2018 I commenced a PhD at UCL, an empirical study of the ethics and professionalism of corporate lawyers.
- Member of the Legal Professions Research Group.
My research focus is on lawyers and the legal profession. The focus of my current research is the ethics and professionalism of corporate lawyers.
I have co-authored the following papers:
- Trevor Clark, Richard Moorhead, Alan Brener and Steven Vaughan, ‘A Response to the Financial Conduct Authority’s Consultation Paper CP19/4 on the Senior Manager and Certification Regime’ (Social Science Research Network 2019) SSRN Scholarly Paper ID 3368896 <https://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=3368896> accessed 17 April 2019;
- Richard Moorhead, Trevor Clark, Alan Brener, Paul Gilbert and Steven Vaughan, ‘In-House Lawyers and Non-Executive Directors: A Discussion About Best Practice’ (Social Science Research Network 2019) SSRN Scholarly Paper ID 3410929 <https://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=3410929> accessed 2 July 2019
- Trevor Clark, Richard Moorhead, Steven Vaughan and Alan Brener, ‘Agency over Technocracy. How Lawyer Archetypes Infect Regulatory Approaches: The FCA Example’ (2021, forthcoming).
I am an active member of the Centre for Business Law and Practice and the Centre for Innovation and Research in Legal Education.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- LLB (Hons) Law (first class)
- LLM (Hons) Law
- Solicitor, England and Wales (currently non-practising)
- Solicitor, Hong Kong (currently non-practising)
I have taught on the following modules:
- Company law (UG)
- Contract law (UG)
- Corporate Law (PG)
- International Banking Law and Regulation (PG)