- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: The criminalisation of non-sedentary populations in the legal construction of public space
- Supervisors: Professor Jen Hendry, Dr Anna Barker
I have conducted interdisciplinary research at the University of Helsinki on immigration detention, and at Kate Hamburger Kolleg in Germany on law and culture. I was a Marie Curie Research Fellow at WWU Münster as part of the CoHAB (diasporic Constructions of Home and Belonging) ITN. My research for this project was entitled ‘Spacing (in) Diaspora: Law, Literature and the Roma”.
This research project examines the interrelationship between law and public space by analysing the punitive measures taken to exclude 'non-sedentary' populations from public space, focusing on the use of Public Space Protection Orders (s59 Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014) and the criminalisation of trespass in the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022 (specifically in relation to unauthorised encampments and temporary structures).
- PhD WWU Münster
- GDL University of Law
- PGCE Newcastle University
- LLM International and European Human Rights
- BA (Hons) English Literature and Language, King’s College London
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Criminal Justice Studies