- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Ne bis in idem in International Criminal Law
- Supervisor: Dr Ilaria Zavoli
My PhD research focuses on the lack of effective ne bis in idem provisions in International Criminal Law. Whilst most domestic criminal justice systems have effective double jeopardy provisions in place, the system of International Criminal Justice is insufficiently aligned to these. This results in legislative loopholes where former defendants have no access to double jeopardy protection. The aim of this project is to ensure protection to being tried again for the same crime to those who have been convicted or acquitted by international criminal courts. The project will address this current lack of finality by making concrete recommendations on jurisdictional complementarity and coordination.
I also have research interests in global governance and globalisation and crime.
- LLM International Law (Leeds)
- BA Political Science & Public Law (Greifswald, Germany)