- Summary: Up to 10 scholarships available to UK taught masters students in the School of Law.
- Value - what money is on offer: £3,000 tuition fee deduction
- Deadline: 31 May 2024
How to apply
Our School of Law Liberty Scholarships support UK students to fulfil their academic potential and contribute to the social and cultural diversity of our community.
These competitive scholarships will be awarded in the form of a £3,000 tuition fee reduction, on the basis of academic performance in your undergraduate degree plus the strength of your supporting statement accompanying your scholarship application.
Please complete the application form with your details and supporting statement and submit to the admissions team before the deadline.
Full eligibility criteria
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a School of Law Taught Masters programme for September 2023 entry.
- Demonstrate an excellent previous academic track record.
- Demonstrate the potential to contribute to the academic and cultural life of the School of Law.
- Be classed as “UK” for fee purposes.
If your scholarship application is successful, you must confirm acceptance within two weeks of notification of the award.
You must commence your study by registering no later than 1 October in the academic year for which the award is offered.
Those in receipt of an award via one of the School's collaborative agreements are not eligible.
Scholarship offers cannot be deferred.
A Liberty Scholarship will not be awarded in addition to any other scholarship except a University of Leeds Alumni Bursary
How are the scholarships awarded?
These scholarships will be awarded in a competitive process on the basis of academic performance in your undergraduate degree plus the strength of your supporting statement accompanying your scholarship application. Successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship offer by email. If you have not heard from us by this point unfortunately you have not been successful.
Successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship offer by email within four weeks of the closing date. If you have not heard from us by this point unfortunately you have not been successful.