Dr Judith Hebron
- Position: Lecturer in Childhood Studies and Psychology with Education
- Areas of expertise: educational and psychological research; inclusive education; autism spectrum conditions; mental health and well-being; resilience; peer relationships.
- Email: J.Hebron@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4553
- Location: 2.16b Hillary Place
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the School of Education in August 2017 as Lecturer in Childhood Studies and am programme manager for the BSc Psychology with Education.
Previously, I spent six years at the University of Manchester, as a post-doctoral research fellow, lecturer, and research associate (2010-2016), followed by a year as senior lecturer in Psychology and Child Development at Leeds Trinity University (2016-17).
- Programme Manager BSc Psychology with Education
- Deputy Chair Faculty Research Ethics Committee (AREA FREC)
My main research interests are in the educational experiences and well-being of young people with autism. Current and previous research focuses on social relationships and bullying, mental health, girls with autism, primary to secondary school transition, school connectedness, and effective interventions.
More broadly, I am interested in educational and psychological research that encompasses inclusive education (especially in an international context), special educational needs and disabilities, risk and resilience.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Education
- MEd Psychology of Education
- MA Modern and Medieval Languages
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPSs))
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
I am programme manager for the BSc Psychology with Education. In addition, I contribute to the BA (Hons) Childhood Studies, BA (Hons) Education and the MA Special Educational Needs programmes, as well as supervising undergraduate and postgraduate dissertation students.