- Position: Lecturer in Digital Education
- Areas of expertise: Technology Enhanced Learning; Online and Distance Learning; Language teaching and teacher education; Academic Skills
- Email: K.E.Stapleford@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.18 Hillary Place
My background is in the field of English Language Teaching and ESOL. I taught English in Zimbabwe, France and the UK. I taught ESOL and teacher education in Further Education in the UK before moving into Learning Development and Online Distance Learning in Higher Education.
My current research focuses on the interrelationship between Online Distance Learners' environments and their learner identity using a narrative enquiry approach.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Secretary, Association for Learning Development in Higher Education
I currently teach and supervise on Digital Education courses within the school of education.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Digital Learning