- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Prov. "Progress towards the inclusion of outdoor learning in ITE provision in England"
- Supervisors: Dr Michael Inglis, Dr Indira Banner
Whilst working in further and higher education, I developed a particular interest in the popular use of outdoor environments for developing leadership and facilitating personal growth. I decided to read for a masters degree in outdoor and experiential learning to deepen my understanding of alternative pedagogies, particularly those relating to the use of spaces other than the classroom. My thesis for the MA focussed on how secondary teachers in England perceived outdoor learning and to examine the barriers to outdoor learning. I currently work predominantly for the University of Leeds as a manager and lecturer in outdoor learning, delivering academic modules and professional development programs to groups across the University and beyond.
I am interested in the use of spaces other than the classroom for education, particularly environmental education and personal development.
- MA Outdoor and Experiential Learning
- MSc Astrophysics, Astronomy and Cosmology