- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Indonesian Students’ Willingness to Communicate in English during Video Synchronous Computer-Mediated Instruction
- Supervisors: Dr Martin Lamb, Dr Aisha Walker
I am an English lecturer at Institut Teknologi Nasional (ITENAS) Bandung. I teach English, but I also teach Bahasa Indonesia bagi Penutur Asing (BIPA), i.e. Indonesian Language for speakers of other languages.
I have taught BIPA to our university’s Dharmasiswa students and for the Indonesian Embassy’s BIPA program in the UK. My language teaching passion started since I graduated from Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, earning my bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature.
I started teaching English at English First (EF) Cirebon for a year. I continued my English language teaching experience in some prominent English courses in Bandung, West Java, such as at EEP, BLCI, and The British Institute (TBI). I took CELTA from Cambridge University held in Jakarta, Indonesia, in 2011. Even though I am a CELTA graduate, I taught different levels of student groups starting from toddlers to adults. Currently, I only teach adults in ITENAS as well as in my owned language institution called IC-Edu.
My teaching career shifted from informal to formal institutions in 2012 when I was promoted to be a faculty member in Institut Teknologi Nasional (ITENAS) Bandung. In the following year, I was granted Fulbright Scholarship to earn a master’s degree in Applied Linguistics in Iowa State University (ISU). I took a specialization in Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL). During my study there, I learned about technology not only for language learning and teaching, but also for research.
My research interest mainly focuses on technology in second language acquisition (SLA). I am interested in investigating how technology can be used to promote students’ second language learning through these following topics:
- Technology and students’ motivation to learn and use a second language
- Technology for language assessment
- Technology for speaking pedagogy (pronunciation)
- Corpus-assisted second language writing
In investigating research topics, I also like to use technology for acoustic analysis (e.g. PRAAT) and corpus-based analysis (e.g. AntConc).
- M.A in Applied Linguistics (Iowa State University of Science and Technology, USA)
- B.A in English Language and Literature (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Certification of Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) (Cambridge University)