- Position: Senior Education Service Officer (Placements)
- Areas of expertise: Employability
- Email: A.Gannon@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4623
My role is to support students in the development of their employability and transferable skills, helping to improve their employability prospects on graduation. I also have responsibility for developing relationships with employers to seek further employability opportunities for students.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- SLSP Placement Tutor for CSER8000 Industrial Placement
- Manage and develop work experience opportunities within the School
- Promote employability and transferable skills in the School to students
- Identify problems and trends in relation to employability
- Disseminate information relating to employability and work experience
- Act as School contact for the University’s Work Placement Team
- Create and develop links with key employers
- Contribute to the School & Faculty’s employment strategy
- Organise and deliver relevant student workshops and information sessions
- Contribute to induction processes for students
- Act as a champion for Leeds for Life system
- Promote placements through website, Open Days brochures etc.
- Represent School at University and external forums
- Visit placement providers
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.