Dr Kahryn Hughes
- Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Methods Innovation and Development; health inequalities, sociological theory, research methodology, qualitative secondary analysis; time, poverty, addiction
- Email: K.A.Hughes@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1161
- Location: 11.24 Social Sciences Building
My main interest is researching social process whether through primary research or research using secondary sources.
- Chair of AREA Research Ethics Committee
- Director:Timescapes Archive
- Module Convenor: MA Qualitative Research Methods
Most of my time is research-focused, and I have been funded by the ESRC on key flagship programmes for methods innovation and development (Research Methods Programme, Timescapes). My current research interests are related to three overlapping areas: the sociology of health inequalities; sociological theory; and research methodology. More specifically, I am interested in: addiction, poverty, time, relationality and identity. More recently, I have developed work on qualitative secondary analysis, supported by my role as the Director of the Timescapes Archive.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
I convene an annual programme of methods training in qualitative longitudinal research methods under the White Rose Doctoral Training Centre. These events are aimed at all those in research-active organisations who have an interest in qualitative longitudinal research.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Research on Families, The Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice